Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
- Tango Pop-up Series. Occasional Wednesdays, 6:45-8:00 pm at Maine Ballroom Dance ($15), followed by our long-running traditional practica, 8-10 pm ($5). Click here to see what’s next!
- Learn Tango with Corin Lee Girard! Beginner series of 3 Wednesday sessions, Sept 7, 14 & 21, 6:45-8:00 pm, Maine Ballroom Dance. FMI: click here
- Turbo Tango – Tango Fundamentals: Three 4 week beginner sessions with Emma and Laura. Next one starts Oct 18th, then another on Nov 22nd. Tuesdays 6:45 – 8:15 pm. All are welcome and no partner necessary.
- Six-Week Series With Dominic Tracey: Workshops for all levels starts on Sept 29. 6:30-8 pm before the Thursday Guided Practica.
- Milonga Errática, Saturday, September 17, at Mayo Street Arts, 10 Mayo Street. All levels welcome. Pre-milonga lesson 8-9; Milonga 9-12. 15$ with lesson, 12$ milonga only. Snacks and refreshments provided. Hosted by Laura Balladur. Check the Milonga page for a detailed description of the class, and the Milonga Errática page for upcoming schedule.
New to dancing at milongas? We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica at Maine Ballroom Dance, (614 Congress St, Portland)with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos & Jewel. From time to time, there will be a Pop-up Tango class from 6:45-8:00 pm preceding practica which runs to 10 pm. On other nights, practica is from 7-10 pm.
- Thursday Evening Guided Practica features a free micro-lesson halfway through and is hosted by Dominic and features traditional and alternative music from various talented local DJs. 7:30-10:00 pm Evo Rock + Fitness