Welcome to Portland Maine! Check the links and the calendar for local events, milongas, practicas and classes. Please, do stop by and dance with us when you are in the Portland area!
- Tango Pop-up Series. Occasional Wednesdays, 6:45-8:00 pm at Maine Ballroom Dance ($15), followed by our long-running traditional practica, 8-10 pm ($5). Click here to see what’s next!
- Argentine Tango for Beginners with Emma & Laura, Feb 28th – Mar 28th 2017
- Milonga Mondays twice-monthly on Mondays, ongoing ’til April. 2/27*, 3/6, 3/20*, 4/3, 4/17*.
- La Milonguita, Milonga 9-12. Pre-milonga lesson at 8. 20$ with lesson, 10$ milonga only. Snacks and refreshments provided. Hosted by Laura Balladur. Check the La Milonguita page for upcoming schedule.
New to dancing at milongas? We’ve put together some helpful tips for understanding their social codes and enjoying yourself– click here
- Wednesday evening practica at Maine Ballroom Dance, (614 Congress St, Portland) with traditional music played by DJs Paul & Carlitos & Jewel. From time to time, there will be a Pop-up Tango class from 6:45-8:00 pm preceding practica which runs to 10 pm. On other nights, practica is from 7-10 pm. Come work on your own tango at your own pace in one of the most welcoming communities anywhere. All are welcome and no partner necessary.